The project schedule of the Raindance Pad is based on the schedule today. With every drilling site, the schedule is subject to change.
Raindance’s Platinum Status
The below fact sheet, Human Health Risk Assessment for Oil & Gas Operations in Colorado, is linked to provide valuable details on the measures that Colorado oil and gas companies are held accountable to. The study was completed by the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment and concludes all measured air concentrations were below short-and long-term safe levels. Read more at https://www.coga.org/factsheets/cdphe-2019-health-study and https://cogcc.state.co.us/documents/reg/Policies/COGCC_FactSheet_OilandGas_within_2000_Feet_20191120.pdf.
Great Western is committed to the communities in which we operate, and where our employees live and work. Great Western recently partnered with Windsor Charter Academy to support the school, teachers and students in an effort to transition to a safe environment amid COVID-19.
Part of the partnership purchased new microphone headsets for teachers to alleviate hearing problems for students, which were caused by wearing masks. “I am so grateful for this device,” said Lindsay Nolting, first grade teacher at Windsor Charter Academy. “By the end of the day, my voice is much less strained. My students love that I look ‘so official’ now with my new microphone!”
Read more about the Windsor Charter Academy Partnership.
Best Management Practices
Great Western’s efforts to exceed expectations for the Colorado Oil and Gas Conservation Commission (COGCC), address local concerns, and operate transparently with local regulators and elected officials, have proven exceptional accountability and value to the oil and gas industry. The site of excellence will be achieved through proactive environmental, health and safety (EHS) initiatives, as well as adhering to Great Western’s stewardship values. This allows the Raindance Pad to exceed expectations and industry standards as a leader in the Denver-Julesburg Basin. Great Western has committed to or completed the following at the Raindance Pad:
- Continuous air monitoring, enhanced noise and odor mitigation, sound walls to reduce noise, enhanced dust mitigation, emergency shutdown capabilities, and leak mitigation and prevention.
- GREEN Certified Platinum Facility
- Commitment to safety by limiting truck hauling hours during school and commuter traffic times, which include the following limitations:
- 7:00 – 8:30 a.m.
- 2:45 – 3:30 p.m.
- 4:30 – 6:00 p.m.
- Commitment to tank lite design which reduces the amount of permanent equipment on the location resulting in reduced tank emissions.
- Devotion to pipeline connections, also resulting in reduced truck traffic to and from the pad.