Great Western’s Colorado Pollinator Project
While the development of the Ivey Pad has been long-awaited, Great Western’s efforts to exceed expectations for the Colorado Oil and Gas Conservation Commission (COGCC), address local concerns, and operate transparently with local regulators and elected officials, have proven exceptional accountability and value to the oil and gas industry, allowing plans for the Ivey Pad to move forward.
The site of excellence will be achieved through proactive environmental, health and safety (EHS) initiatives, as well as adhering to Great Western’s stewardship values. This will allow the Ivey Pad to exceed expectations and industry standards as a leader in the Denver-Julesburg Basin. Great Western has committed to or completed the following at the Ivey Pad:
- Installed a turn lane at no cost to the county or state to ensure the safety of the community and comply with permit requirements.
- Held quarterly townhall meetings since May 29, 2019 welcoming questions and conversation. To keep the community informed, and comply with the permit requirements, Great Western has held quarterly townhall meetings since May 2019. Great Western has gone to great lengths to have meaningful dialog, resources, and subject matter experts regarding all aspects of this project at these townhall meetings.
- Averaged 425 EHS inspections across 112 sites in 2019 and the Ivey location will receive the same environmental, health, and safety (EHS) practices as part of Great Western’s EHS practices.
- Submitted a sundry to the Ivey Pad Form 2A with best management practices for this location, which include continuous air monitoring, enhanced noise and odor mitigation, enhanced dust mitigation, emergency shutdown capabilities, and leak mitigation and prevention.
- Addressed community concerns and worked diligently with the COGCC on questions related to the public comments and inquiries about this project as part of Great Western’s best management practices and conditions of approval.
- Creates a safer and more sustainable environment by decreasing emissions and creating a cleaner community through reduced truck traffic and utilizing pipelines to transport products and materials.
Great Western is dedicated to transparency and committed to implementing mitigation measures that ensure the public’s health, safety and welfare, as well as the protection of environment and wildlife. Click on the sheets below to learn more about those mitigation measures.
The commencement of the Ivey Pad is a great achievement for those who have been involved over the last few years. Mineral landman Jason Lowrey can attest to the excitement of Ivey Pad finally coming to fruition:
“Since I started on this project in 2018, the Ivey Pad has been an interesting journey with accomplishments and grassroot development. There’s been tremendous support for the development of Ivey throughout the process, which has been evident in the amount of lease inquiries we’ve received from prospective mineral and royalty owners.
“The Ivey Pad really goes above and beyond traditional site development. It’s rewarding to see Ivey finally receive the green light from the COGCC to move forward because Great Western meets and exceeds many best management practices and we’re actively cognizant of the immediate community in our site planning.
“It’s even more gratifying to receive recognition on our ability to surpass new standards set by the COGCC, and we were able to do that by ensuring we implement various best management practices. We reduced the well count and analyzed traffic routes, school zones and the calendar timing of the project to alleviate public and parental concerns. In addition, we made it possible to reduce disturbance times by spending less time at the pad. We’re really excited these accomplishments were recognized and supported by approving Ivey’s development. I’m personally excited to see the Ivey Pad flourish and its impact on the oil and gas industry.”
– Jason Lowrey, senior mineral landman
To learn more about the approval process and the development of the Ivey Pad, download this PDF with project details that were previously submitted to the COGCC.
STAY IN TOUCH
Want more info? Check out our Virtual Townhall.
Questions? To ensure transparency and open communication, Great Western has put together a FAQ sheet here to answer your questions and concerns.